DEKAPLUS BUSINESS SERVICES LTD
DEKAPLUS Business Services, since its formation in 2006, has been providing consulting services to SMEs on introducing and applying innovative and good practices in order to increase their productivity, competitiveness and sustainability outlook, while maintaining or upgrading the quality of their products or services.
DEKAPLUS core business services revolve around management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 22000, ISO 14001, HACCP, OHSAS 18001, BRC etc). A management system is framework of policies, processes and procedures used by an organization to ensure that it can fulfil all the tasks required to achieve its objectives. Furthermore, professional training is offered to develop the human resources skills and competences.
Since 2014, DEKAPLUS has been operating the Innovative Hospitality Education (IHE), an adult vocational education centre specifically designed to provide the skills to young entrants to the hospitality industry or upgrade the career paths of professional already in the field. IHE uses innovative and tested training methods to make hospitality and tourism education more effective. It also introduces new approaches and practices in managing projects within the tourism industry.
DEKAPLUS has been participating in European projects for the past 6 years. The projects to take part in are chosen only if they add value to the existing offerings or create the potential of new, innovative practices.
UNIVERSITY OF NICOSIA
University of Nicosia (UNic) (www.unic.ac.cy) is the largest private university in Cyprus with over 7000 students. It is an independent, co-educational, equal opportunity institution of higher education, which offers a wide range of programmes to students from around the world. The University through its five Schools (Medical School, School of Business, School of Education, School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Law, School of Science and Engineering), offers 40 Bachelor degrees, 32 Master degrees and 11 doctoral programmes in business, science, medicine, education and the liberal arts. International in philosophy, the University hosts students from all over the world, in a multicultural learning environment, promoting friendship, cooperation, and understanding. The University pursues excellence in education through research and high teaching standards, in a continually improving academic environment.
The University was one of the three private universities in Cyprus to obtain from the Government of the Republic of Cyprus the initial license for operation in 2007, and in 2012 the final license of operation. The University has since 2007 been evaluated (at the Institutional and Programme level) by the Evaluation Committee for Private Universities of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Cyprus (ECPU-www.ecpu.ac.cy). All programmes of the University, are fully accredited by the relevant professional associations/councils/bodies and thus all our graduates qualify to practice the profession they have studied (this professional recognition applies also to the European Union countries).
The University has distinguished itself on multiple fronts, earning prestigious labels / recognitions / awards, such as the:
- Erasmus University Charter (European Commission)
- European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) Label (European Commission)
- Diploma Supplement Label ( European Commission)
- Jean Monnet Center of Excellence (addressing reforms in European Higher education Area) (European Commission)
- Jean Monnet Chair in Diplomacy and Politics of European Integration (European Commission)
- UNIQUe Certification for Quality in E-learning and Excellence in Use of ICT in Higher Education (European Foundation for Quality in e-Learning -EFQUEL)
- UNESCO Chair (first such Chair in Cyprus) for the promotion of cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue (UNESCO)
- Excellence Award in Entrepreneurship and Educational Services (Cyprus Employers and Industrialists Federation)
- Gold Medal in Business Ethics Excellence for its corporate governance and social responsibility ethos (European Business Ethics Network -EBEN)
- Commitment to Excellence “5 Stars” (European Foundation for Quality Management -EFQM)
- “Global 500” Award ( United Nations)
- E-xcellence Associate in Quality Label
The University is an active member of the following two most important European Associations:
- European University Association (EUA www.eua.be); the University is also represented in the EUA’s Council for Doctoral Education (CDE www.eua.be/cde)
- European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASHE www.eurashe.eu); the University is also represented in the Working Group for Quality Assurance (www.eurashe.eu/policy/quality-he/wg5-quality-he)
It is the only non-state University in Cyprus to have been ranked by U-Multirank (University Ranking), which is supported and endorsed by the European Commission (http://www.umultirank.org/), with very high ranks in the areas of Regional Engagement and International Orientation. The University has also gone through a self-assessment exercise using the HEInnovate benchmarking system (www.heinnovate.eu/, also supported and endorsed by the European Commission), which is used to measure how innovative and entrepreneurial a Higher Education Institution is.